Wednesday, June 24, 2020

1/3 Of Our Way To Forever

So it has been about a month since move in day for J. We survived my 13 year old being gone for 17 of the days. So far everything is pretty close to perfect. Don’t get me wrong some times my 11, 13 and now 14 year old fights like cats and dogs but it’s normal sibling fights! How relieving for me that it is as normal of a life as it gets. Well normal if being 14 years old and in care for 6 years in a facility for the last two and being discharged and told that this is your family now... normal as that can be. But all in all he has been resilient I won’t lie I am holding my breath that if there is a honey moon or comfort period that we are definitely not out of the woods. But so far if we ask something or assign a chore it’s done without griping and attitude (teen girls man are way way worse). I go in and wake him daily for his morning meds and watch for a second while he sleeps. I’m sad for the days I had to miss before us and the days he was sad. He doesn’t like soft tortilla shells, because when they ran out of bread which was often this is what they ate. I’m sad that I have only 4 more birthdays till he is 18. I’m scared that we will do everything and he will leave us. Each night we do good night hugs tho tonight he skipped I love you because of the video game headset ( I’m ok I said it anyway). He hasn’t said miss amber in a few days not sure the exact count though. 

We are taking our first trip as a family of 6 this week. Pray for us I pray that we all find some relaxation and some peace and happy memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...