Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father’s Day and Dad Issues

Today was Father’s Day 2020 it was a pretty good day for my husband and his dad. My husband started out the morning by cooking waffles, yes he is the cook even on Father’s Day. My children Tried forcing me to cook but nobody wanted that to happen especially my husband LOL. 

Yesterday the kids did a lemonade stand they convince my friend to take them to the Walmart parking lot and let them set up they actually made $60 selling lemonade and cookies most of it was donations I’m sure people don’t want lemonade from Kids right now COVID-19 at all LOL

Today’s episode of dad issues comes from me. My dad adopted me at the age of two it was a stepparent adoption and he has been my dad since I was two. As a child we were not incredibly close I always felt picked on because I wasn’t his biological child. But, as adult I’ve been out very close with him everything and we’ve always celebrate Father’s Day he usually comes over for Christmas morning with us and eats breakfast and watches the kids open their gifts. This past Christmas I suggested that he get one of those big round circle swings for the yard and said that I could easily be for all three kids but that either I would need him to help me put it up in the yard appropriately or buy a stand for it. He did neither of those things and Logan‘s dad ended up having to buy a stand to get it up for the kids to be able to use which of course they do use that swing a lot and it came in handy. Back in February around my birthday I reminded him he had originally been told about the stand or putting it up and he didn’t either and could you please help and he did not help. We really haven’t talked since then.

I have talked to him a couple of times since we started our process with J. One weekend visit I messaged my dad and asked him if he wanted to meet him while he was here he said yes but that he was working and it would be later but he never contacted me back. On a side random note my brother graduated from school to cut hair so I asked him if he would like to do a meet his new nephew and be cut his hair before he went back to the facility after the visit and he read my message and didn’t respond. So after both of these instances I decided to delete both them until they wanted to participate in our new life adventure it’s either in or out there’s no in between for me.  This past week I decided to message him on Tuesday with no response and then also on Wednesday and got no response. Today I messaged him a happy Father’s Day message and his response was just I’ve been working 70 hour weeks and if I’m not working I’m asleep. Wow. Sad. 

So I proceeded to eat my feelings tonight after doing good are we eating keto and being down in weight I ate about four reeses cookies ugh. And that is on daddy issues. 

In other kid news We have reached 24 days at home with j and things are really great on that front! I’m telling you I can’t tell the difference in him and my other kids. But I will say boys are sweeter to their moms than girls. I was asleep on the couch and he came in and put his face next to mine and hugged me. I squeezed him and asked him was this a happy hug or a sad one, he said happy and I just love you mom. So sweet!! Only 66 more days to go out of 90 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...