Thursday, June 4, 2020

Finding Our Match

Finding Our Match


    We wanted to submit on a kiddo right away so went on Heart Gallery and did submit on two diff kiddo's this was the moment that I had been waiting for. And then for a while I heard nothing. I made a post in a FB group and asked how long it can take and received varying answers. Luckily APAC has wonderful people and our family advocate reached out and asked which kiddo's I had applied for and got the ball rolling fast. Our family had a few things that were what we considered hard no's for us. This is one of the things your classes will go over is what things you can and cannot handle. Well the two kids ended up not being able to match to our family due to some of this or sometimes they couldn't be placed with other kids or younger kids. We were then emailed NIBS (Non Identifying Background Summary) on a kiddo who unfortunately would not have fit either. 

   Nonetheless we pressed on. At one point I looked at Logan (hubby) and said what if I changed my mind? What if this is truly too much for us to take on. I cried over some of the children's summary's and questioned if I could really take on the responsibility of helping these kids rise from the trauma of their lives. I searched my soul and talked at length to Logan and my bio kiddos and found strength in their answers. So daily I looked at the heart gallery and originally we were staying between ages of 6-10 trying to stay between our youngest and middle child. 

  One day(March 23. 2019)  I came across this kiddo he was 14 and so cute and his bio seemed to align with our family. His video was sweet and he seemed super sad in it. I messaged the link to my older kids and to Logan. They all said yes this one. So then I hit apply. I immediately messaged our family advocate to tell her I inquired and who it was on. The next day she sent me his NIBS. I anxiously read them, every single kids Nibs I have read has made me cry there is always some back and forth in the system before they are totally taken and it's so sad for them. But after reading I forwarded it to my hubby and we both agreed we can handle it. Nothing was a red flag that was listed on it. On March 27th we replied without hesitation YES!! Next stop was staffing in which APAC, the social worker, the state adoption worker and others who then scour our home study and read all information available on the kiddo to make the best decision for the CHILD concerned. We anxiously awaited our phone call saying we were matched. Now our next steps will look slightly diff than the norm because we were in the throws of a pandemic (covid-19) and state shut down... 

In the next post we will talk about "meeting" our newly matched Kiddo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...