Thursday, June 11, 2020

4 Days

So today makes 4 days since J has called me Miss Amber... at least to my face 😂 I said to an Adoptive Mom friend who visited us yesterday it's been 3 days, and my lovely hubby was like ACTUALLY zero. J asked when is Miss Amber coming home? Again I do not mind if he calls me Amber only just wish he would drop the miss. He makes a point to say mom at least at bedtime when I hug him goodnight. 

He is such a sweetheart and it is so crazy that he seems like he was here all along. He facetimed me yesterday with a typical squabble between him and my 11 year old. My 11 year old wanted to spend time with him and was laying on the dogs bed in his room talking to him. He called and said she wouldn't get out so I told her of course we respect peoples rights to be in their bedrooms if they do not want visitors in there. I asked him did he want her to go or could she hang out? He smirked to me and said she can hang out. 

In other kiddo news my 13 year old A is not at home with us she went to visit my Grandma in Utah on June 2 she has another week and a day till she comes home. We miss her terribly. J doesn't always express himself as the fact that he loves/misses her and is also her brother so he likes to pick on her and make her angry. They go back and forth blocking each other because one is mad she didn't answer his facetime and the other is mad that he said he is getting Mom's car when he turns 16 😲. 

Things have become much more routine I remember morning and evening meds and bedtimes are good. Since it is summer I usually go to bed between 10-11pm and I tell him he can stay up but not much past 12. He does really well with self regulating that. 

I am adjusting to him being slightly girl crazy! He wants to date everyone he meets. It seems having a girlfriend is super important to him. I mean this is my first rodeo with a 14 year old boy so I am sure it is all NORMAL. Also he was in a facility with all boys for several years so I am sure he is ready to be around girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...