Friday, June 5, 2020

Mom such a simple yet complex word

It’s been 41 days since meeting in person our newest edition 14 year old “J”. Since the second meeting he has called my husband logan dad... and sometimes me mom but mostly I’m “Ms Amber” (I told him hey you can call me amber I just don’t prefer Ms Amber). He did it several more times and again my hubby is ALWAYS Dad.... I didn’t say anything till after he moved in. And then I told him again you don’t have to call me Mom but please don’t call me Ms amber 😂. 

Some times he would call me mom but mostly it was still Ms Amber this and that. I took to just responding with “Mister” before his name. Maybe that’s petty and I’m certainly not trying to be petty just don’t prefer the Miss added to my name. He laughed and took it in stride. 

Two days ago we were riding and this young lady I know that’s a family friend texted his phone and said “are you with your mom or dad” he showed me and I laughed and said “Tell her you’re with Miss Amber” he busted our laughing and texted back “I’m with my mom”. Those words mean something so precious coming from a child who is 14 years old and has only known me for 41 days of his 5,195 days of life. 

He loves his biological mom as I think most kids from care do. We talk about her and I love when he tells me about being little. There are some stories that make my heart ache but I’m thankful he is brave enough to share them. I will never take his mothers place but I can’t lie and say I don’t want to be his mom. It’s been two days since he has said miss amber and if he does again I’ll update. 

My favorite time of the day is bedtime when I get precious hugs lasting 30 seconds and tell him I love him and he says it back. The love I have for him grows every day and I’m blessed to be is mom .... or miss amber whichever he prefers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...