Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October Update

    Today marks 146 days since J has moved in. We are still waiting on the legal side of things to catch up with the progress we are seeing in our home. This kiddo is thriving in our home. He seems to be quite adaptive to chores and the rules of the house. He struggled a bit with Regular school since he hasn't attended a "regular" school since about 5th grade. First few weeks of school through the progress report mid cycle he had some failing grades as well as some very good grades. We removed video games and phone use for weekdays and saw improvement immediately and they were all brought up a significant amount by the end of the 9 weeks. 

   The good news is our Adoption worker now says that we finally have everything in place to adopt and we are hoping to do so by end of November. Please keep us in your prayers so that we can make our family legally permanent. 

   In other "news" I was contacted on Insta to tell our families story of adoption and I am so excited as I firmly believe in Teen Adoption and would love to hopefully inspire others to give children permanency when they otherwise might not have it. I cannot wait to rejoice in our adoption day but also will be mournful as well for that will finally sever J from legal ties to his first mother. I truly hope one day we can reach out to his mother and establish a positive relationship that would be beneficial to him with her as well as healthy. 

  Some days when I think a lot I get sad thinking of just how much we missed of his life and how much time I have left. But I try to look at it this way I may have missed the majority of his childhood as he will be 15 next year and I am sure time will pass just as fast as it does with my bio kiddos which as we all know it flies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye Brother August 4, 2021

 The following post is going to be a rundown of things that happened to me following receiving the worst news I have ever received which was...